Friday, June 1

Lemon Velvet Cake


My friend LaDonna made this one night for a Primary presidency meeting we had at her house.  I took one bite, and thought I’d died and gone to heaven.  I immediately asked for the recipe because I knew my life wasn’t complete without having it.  It’s just lemony enough, but not too lemony.  Mmmm.

Lemon Velvet Cake

1 box lemon cake mix
1- 3.4 oz box instant lemon pudding
¾ cup cold water
¾ cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

Glaze: (I usually 1 ½ times this recipe because I like extra yumminess)

2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp hot water
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Grease 9x13 pan; preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass pan).  Beat cake mix, pudding mix, cold water, oil and eggs together until well mixed.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.  While baking, combine glaze ingredients, beat.  When cake is removed from the oven, poke all over with a large fork and pour glaze on the hot cake.  Let cool – IF you can stand waiting.

No comments: