Wednesday, May 23

Pizza Crust


Pizza Crust

We had pizza for dinner tonight.  Although I prefer Papa John’s, Christian prefers my homemade pizza.  I have tried many different crust recipes, but I always come back to this one.  I don’t know where I got this recipe.  I’m guessing from my mom.  I wrote the recipe on a 3x5 card way back when I made a little cross through my z’s, which was right around the time I first got married.  (I’m oooold.)

(Makes two pizzas)
2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
5 cups flour
1 Tbsp italian seasoning (optional)

Mix yeast & water; let sit 5 minutes.  Add the rest of the ingredients, mix together.  Knead for one minute.  Split in half.  You can make your first pizza right away – no need to let rise.  Add sauce, toppings, and cheese, bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.

No comments: