Thursday, May 17

Breadsticks


Breadsticks

This recipe comes from my Grandma Reeder.  I love these breadsticks, and make them often (I just made them tonight, to go with spaghetti).  How can they not be good, when they are rolled-in-butter sticks?  Mmmmm.  (These are my favorite breadstick recipe, and I have tried many different recipes.)

1 Tbsp yeast
1 ½ cups warm water
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
3 cups flour
6-8 Tbsp (about one cube) butter, melted – reserve for later

Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water, let sit for 5-10 minutes.  Mix in the sugar, salt and flour, knead for 1-2 minutes.  Let rest for 10 minutes.  Roll out ½ inch thick, about 6 inches by 20 inches.  Let rest for 10 minutes.  Cut into breadsticks (I use a pizza cutter), roll in melted butter and place on cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with Johnny’s garlic spread seasoning (or garlic powder and parmesan cheese).  Let stand 10 minutes.  Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

No comments: